signal issues with 83' maxim 400

oneowl
This post is 4785 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I'm looking for some possible causes of why my signals work perfect sometimes then sometimes dont work at all, or need to be held in the direction i am going to stay blinking. I just replaced the signal unit this morning after ordering a new/used one off ebay and it is still doing the exact same thing. the bulbs look great also. could it be something with the ignition? anyways, if anyone has had a similar issue or can just think of a possible cause i would appreciate any guess. thanks alot!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, I'm looking for some possible causes of why my signals work perfect sometimes then sometimes dont work at all, or need to be held in the direction i am going to stay blinking. I just replaced the signal unit this morning after ordering a new/used one off ebay and it is still doing the exact same thing. the bulbs look great also. could it be something with the ignition? anyways, if anyone has had a similar issue or can just think of a possible cause i would appreciate any guess. thanks alot!

I would dsay its an earthing issue, check all black wires from the signals and clean frame around them.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online