Honda 2.5 HP wacker plate Help !

philmountains
This post is 4785 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys hope you can point me in right direction, tried to start my wacker tonight and nothing ! been stood in garage for a couple of years checked oil, new petrol, will start when squirt fuel down plug, into carb so suspect blocked jet ? by the way checked fuel cock and fuel there removed bowl as well ,cannot go further at mo don't have socket to get carb off.

Any advise appreciated

Phil

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys hope you can point me in right direction, tried to start my wacker tonight and nothing ! been stood in garage for a couple of years checked oil, new petrol, will start when squirt fuel down plug, into carb so suspect blocked jet ? by the way checked fuel cock and fuel there removed bowl as well ,cannot go further at mo don't have socket to get carb off.

Any advise appreciated

Phil

Have you put fresh fuel in? If not i'd drain the old petrol out and get some new stuff in. A bit of easy start into the inlet will probably help too. GL.

Have you put fresh fuel in? If not i'd drain the old petrol out and get some new stuff in. A bit of easy start into the inlet will probably help too. GL.

Hi thanks for your reply ,yes put fresh fuel in and it starts when I put a drop of fuel down plug hole or into carb so dont think it is a ignition prob,only other thing I did was top up oil ,poss too much so drained a bit off just in case this was the prob ?

you bought some bent forks for the DTMX Phil? :rolleyes:

Sorry paul :blink: dont get it ?

Think of it this way Phil

The head is the whacker plate

the wall is the bent fork

;)

God I,m slow ,must be cos on Night,s :lol: well thats my excuse ,no it just another of the 50000.50 projects on with, in between the rain,wind,and "work"

God I,m slow ,must be cos on Night,s :lol: well thats my excuse ,no it just another of the 50000.50 projects on with, in between the rain,wind,and "work"

Update wacker/honda now running fine. :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online