73 yamaha 360 timing

roadkill360
This post is 4864 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well I got myself a nice 73 dt 360 but it has a little problem, when you try to kickstart it,it wants to kick back and break your leg {allmost kicked myself it the head when it kicked back} man that hurt. So whats the deal? do thease have a compresson release or what? is it the timeing? help please!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well I got myself a nice 73 dt 360 but it has a little problem, when you try to kickstart it,it wants to kick back and break your leg {allmost kicked myself it the head when it kicked back} man that hurt. So whats the deal? do thease have a compresson release or what? is it the timeing? help please!!!

i thought these had a decompression valve on the head

well it does have a release on the head but it works like a jake break and not a auto release, I guess what i wanted to know was this once a auto release or were they always manuel? It kicks over very hard. Guess I would like to know if this is normal, it does run good if you push start it.

It sounds like the timing is out or the main end seals could be blown or knackered,

More than likely the timing, is it the dt2 dt3 or the dt360A.

I had the same problem with a CT3 and all it that was wrong was a sheard woodruff key

which ultimately once the fly wheel had shifted on the shaft changed the firing position.

TTB

It sounds like the timing is out or the main end seals could be blown or knackered,

More than likely the timing, is it the dt2 dt3 or the dt360A.

I had the same problem with a CT3 and all it that was wrong was a sheard woodruff key

which ultimately once the fly wheel had shifted on the shaft changed the firing position.

TTB

I will check that out thankyou very much for your help.

There is an adjustment on the pickup. Its just like the back plate on points, loosen the screws and move it to suit

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online