my xvs bobber 125

Paulwhite
This post is 4862 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm liking that Paul,nice job mate :thumb:

Yeh I like it too ,tell me some more, did you have to make forward controls ? and what else was involved frame etc.

all the best Phil

Yeh I like it too ,tell me some more, did you have to make forward controls ? and what else was involved frame etc.

all the best Phil

the frame is all standard... :unsure: (apart from me chopping the rear mudguard mount off at the main frame and replacing with a sissy bar) the gear selector bar from the lever to the engine was shortened and a chunk taken out the bracket to accommodate the new angle.

new mount plates were made for the rear engine brackets. then the original front engine mount was chopped off and now is just a 10mm bit of studding with mounts made for either end and welded to the foot control brackets.

iv got stupidly long arms :blink: so decided to make the seat thinner and about 3 inch further back, plus with the risers it allows me to be comfy on the bike....and gives the effect of forward controls without having to spend 400 quid.

still got to make a proper seat for it.....the one thats on there is just a tester but it gets it on the road.

one weird thing iv found is that its more controllable :blink: by controllable i mean if the back end slides out in the rain you can control it round a corner and sort of drift....wich is fun! :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online