lose of power from 3rd gear onwards

dan28
This post is 4867 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

when i first got my bike it didnt run right at all i put it down to water in the fuel an a mini moto throttle an cable

since replaceing the above it runs ok

when not in gear the engine will happily rev an when riding in first an second it seems ok however when in 3 rd it sems to take ages to pick up an then cuts out

could it be a faulty coil that is breaking down under load

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

when i first got my bike it didnt run right at all i put it down to water in the fuel an a mini moto throttle an cable

since replaceing the above it runs ok

when not in gear the engine will happily rev an when riding in first an second it seems ok however when in 3 rd it sems to take ages to pick up an then cuts out

could it be a faulty coil that is breaking down under load

it could be......but then it would play up in 1st and 2nd.... what colour are your plugs? it could be a fueling/mix problem or even your air filter.

as the engine goes through the gears it sucks more fuel and air giving more power.....it takes more boom to get more torque so a lean mixture will cause it to bog down and die in higher gears.

what have you got for a filter setup? is it standard? and also do you know what size jets you have?

it could be......but then it would play up in 1st and 2nd.... what colour are your plugs? it could be a fueling/mix problem or even your air filter.

as the engine goes through the gears it sucks more fuel and air giving more power.....it takes more boom to get more torque so a lean mixture will cause it to bog down and die in higher gears.

what have you got for a filter setup? is it standard? and also do you know what size jets you have?

standard jets i assume

the air filter is the hypercharger i bought from goff on here but it does it with the standard filter too

is there a screw to turn to tweak the mixture ? ( an witch way should it be turned)