X-MAX 250 PROBLEM! HELP!

RaCs_XMAX
This post is 4785 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

I recently purchased an X-Max 250 around 4 months ago.

The bike has been great so far and I have had my 1st service with no problems.

I was using the bike as normal this past Saturday and when it came to start up the bike, it did not start! Instead of making a standard start noise, I just witnessed a clicking sound everytime I pressed the ignition along with holding the brake. Quite a large sounding clicking sound.

The oil light always used to flash everytime I tried to start but again, just a clicking sound! I even held the ignition pressed with the brake for a good few seconds and nothing happened, I heard no starting noise.

Is this a battery issue? perhaps there is something loose on the battery which is not allowing the bike to start?

I mean i am no technician but perhaps someone can give me a heads up as to what is happened?!!? The bike is new and things like this shouldnt happen within 4 months of purchasing the damn thing!

HELP!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys,

I recently purchased an X-Max 250 around 4 months ago.

The bike has been great so far and I have had my 1st service with no problems.

I was using the bike as normal this past Saturday and when it came to start up the bike, it did not start! Instead of making a standard start noise, I just witnessed a clicking sound everytime I pressed the ignition along with holding the brake. Quite a large sounding clicking sound.

The oil light always used to flash everytime I tried to start but again, just a clicking sound! I even held the ignition pressed with the brake for a good few seconds and nothing happened, I heard no starting noise.

Is this a battery issue? perhaps there is something loose on the battery which is not allowing the bike to start?

I mean i am no technician but perhaps someone can give me a heads up as to what is happened?!!? The bike is new and things like this shouldnt happen within 4 months of purchasing the damn thing!

HELP!!

Sounds like a battery issue to me. I have had the same problem before.