When did Yamaha stop making the XVS125 Dragstar?

Nickybwild
This post is 4788 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone knows the year that Yamaha stopped making the XVS125?

Alot of spare parts provide the range 2000-2004, however, my XVS125 is a 2005?? Could it be that it was actually made in 2004 but registered in 2005?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello all,

Alot of spare parts provide the range 2000-2004, however, my XVS125 is a 2005?? Could it be that it was actually made in 2004 but registered in 2005?

Thanks in advance

That is very possible yes,your bike was probably one that the dealer had left,according to the mcn review it was made from 1997-2004

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/bikereviews/searchresults/Bike-Reviews/Yamaha/Yamaha-XV125-1997-2004-/

Hello all,

Thanks in advance

dont worry about parts for the year B) (its not like a car) yamaha are not going to make big changes in design and change parts for a 125 because of the year the bike was made ;).....well not for the xvs 125 anyway!

its more than likely your bike didnt get on the road till 2005 so ANY parts for an xvs dragstar 125 will fit no probs!

believe it or not the xvs dragstar has allot of parts off the xv 125 virago! as its sort of like the cousin of the virago.

Thanks for all of your help! Just making sure! I'm going to order a disc and pads tomorrow and attempt to fit myself...wish me luck!! ;)

Changing discs and pads are easy enough,if you get stuck don't be afraid to ask on here

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online