XVS125 Dragstar Front Brake Disc - HELP!

Nickybwild
This post is 4871 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello!

Hope you are all well!

Just wondering if ANYONE can be kind enough to help me...my XVS 125 dragstar failed it's MOT today because of a scored front brake disc. They quoted £140 for a replacement which seems a bit high especially as they will charge fitting ontop. Does anyone know where I can find one for a 2005 model online?? I've managed to find some EBC ones for under £100 but they are for

2000-2004 models. There's also a Kagizume brake disc on eBay but again that is for the 2000-2004 models!!!

Can anyone suggest anywhere to find them? Also, can anyone suggest what make to get, etc?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!!!

Thanks as always fellow YamaHeads!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

get the 04 disk. it will bolt straight on (as far as i know they only made the bike up to 04 but urs might have only been registered in 05 ;) )

as to getting someone to fit it........id do it my self. saves some dosh and its not hard.

I thought they stopped making them in 04 too.

If youre strapped for cash, you can remove the existing disc and have it skimmed to remove the scoring marks. Find a local engineering workshop or do you know someone with a lathe. Minimum allowable thickness is 4.5mm, dont go thinner than that. Its a beer money job :)

Torque the disc bolts back up to 23Nm, and use Loctite threadlocker on them

yeah maybe mine was made in 04 and registered in 05?! Thanks for the reply - much appreciated!

Will have a look into fitting it myself...any tips??

its pretty easy to be honest so the only tip i can give you is dont loose any bits! :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online