Phone Calls

Beezkneez
This post is 7075 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ok, who else is sick to death of international/withheld calls wasting your time asking do you want a new mobile phone or insurance from fucking India.

The last poor "coont" got it big style.lol

Anyway i have a withheld from public domain phone number (ex directory) to the unintiated :D and i keep getting these bastards ringing me up, i had the BT refuse anonymous calls for months because of this and have just stopped the service, but within 3 days...YES 3 fucking days i've had 18 of these calls, anyway what i want to know if anyone is in the know how...who is responsible for releasing my number to these bastards and who is accountable for my stress

i feel for the next bastard....they're gonna get a right mouthfull :twisted:

btw i cancelled the BT service cos it was £10/quarter +VAT..rip off bastards

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I get those same type of calls here all the time Beez :roll:

Ever since I refied my mortgage, there's always some Fly-By-Night outfit trying to get me to sign up for another!.......who knows how many phone lists my Unlisted number is on?! :x

They can all just F*ck off & Die! :evil:

there's nothing worse eh. we used to get 'em loads. everyday after work i'd try and sit down for dinner and the bastard phone would be going. someone selling windows, new roofs, mortgages etc. if we were buying such things would we buy it from some indian bastard over the phone? i don't think so! we haven't got many lately though as my dad heard of a way to stop it. think it was bt he had to phone up about it and they sort it out :?

TPS telephone preference scheme is ok but if your number is out there already, it will remain so for a while.

I used to work for BT, what you need to do is phone up and ask or your listing to be NQR - non quotable record. It's for police officers and such like. I also used to work for a police force as a control room ops. so hence how I know about it.

Just say you are a copper or a JP or something like that and they will change your listing.

Easy peasy... no cost and no need to prove anything.

J

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online