DT 125 LC Power Valve Servo

This post is 4639 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey, i'm kind of new to this but;

I have an '87 DT 125 LC mk. 3 and have been searching everywhere for a powervalve servo that will fit on and work but have had no luck at all, i keep getting results for the DTR so i was wondering if any body knows whether one of the DTR servos will fit on the lc, i know it's on the other side of the engine but surly with some bodging it would work or is it much more complicated than that?

Any help appriciated, thanks :D

• 2 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey, i'm kind of new to this but;

I have an '87 DT 125 LC mk. 3 and have been searching everywhere for a powervalve servo that will fit on and work but have had no luck at all, i keep getting results for the DTR so i was wondering if any body knows whether one of the DTR servos will fit on the lc, i know it's on the other side of the engine but surly with some bodging it would work or is it much more complicated than that?

Any help appriciated, thanks :D

Did anyone ever respond to your mail?

I have the same problem. I have a DT125LCII which I am currently restoring, and it also has the powervalve fitted. I've seen some threads that refer to using the servo unit from a RD350 Powervalve. Speaking with our local bike shop, the guy there told me that we never got the full power version, and he'd never seen one, although I see that some did come here are often advertised on EBAY. For sure, the DTR servo does not fit. Its a different shape, and its on the right hand side of the barrel, not the left. Also, you have to get the servo to work with the CDI. Apparently the CDI controls the powervalve, and when it rotates.

I'd be interested to know if you ever got yours to work.

Cheers

Did anyone ever respond to your mail?

I have the same problem. I have a DT125LCII which I am currently restoring, and it also has the powervalve fitted. I've seen some threads that refer to using the servo unit from a RD350 Powervalve. Speaking with our local bike shop, the guy there told me that we never got the full power version, and he'd never seen one, although I see that some did come here are often advertised on EBAY. For sure, the DTR servo does not fit. Its a different shape, and its on the right hand side of the barrel, not the left. Also, you have to get the servo to work with the CDI. Apparently the CDI controls the powervalve, and when it rotates.

I'd be interested to know if you ever got yours to work.

Cheers

The DTR servo, cables and pulley sit on the left hand side of the bike. by your left knee in a way.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online