Tech Question

Guest YAMFZRTRX
This post is 4874 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest YAMFZRTRX

sorry if this is the wrong section.. new to the forum.

I hope someone can help..

I've got a 96 FZR 1000 which due to the loss of me garage has been stood outside undercover over the winter..

Recently easily MOT'd but have picked up a problem with tickover (have to keep the throttle about 1500RPM to avoid a stall).. Improved since new fuel was put in as previously the bike wouldn't rev over 4000RPM when warm.

I've been told a to take it on a good long outing to get the cr@p out the carb bowls or to spray carb cleaner through whilst running (iffy about touchin carbs).. does this ring true with anyone..?

Cheers in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest YAMFZRTRX

I,m having similar problems with my bandit, looks like i'm hading for a carb strip as two cylinders are not getting hot at the headers and thay are not common to one HT coil :(

Thanks for comin back.. i've realised this is the wrong section..

Mine runs fine when the gas is on.. but crap when idling which has improved now the fuel has been replaced.. I'm alright with a carb strip as long as i've ruled out cheaper options first..

Good luck with yours and i've always fancied a Bandit, more my cup of tea.. rushed into the sports bike thing but it's a good'un (excpet colour scheme).

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online