Winter gloves

Guest JMW
This post is 7079 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

It's now too cold for regular gloves so I think the purchase of a new set of thermal gloves is on the cards.

What's everyone else using at the moment ?

J

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm wearing a pair of Racer Pluvios. Not cheap at £70 but very warm and their not to bulky like winter gloves can be.

I'm absolutly staggered by the choice! I went into Hein Grieke and there must have been 6 different types. In the end I came out empty.

Are the thinuslate Aqua gloves still top of the range?

when i was despatch riding i did 2 winters with some silk inner gloves inside my ordinary all weather gloves.i had some fur lined bar muffs when it got really cold and those really made a difference.

waxed cotton mitts were also a good bit of kit.heated grips i didn't feel were worth the effort.

& You call yourself a Biker! :roll: :wink: :D

No...I don't call myself a Biker! I call myself "The Cool Guy". 8)

I did use to call myself a Biker in the 70's...but the definition and profile has changed a lot over the years.

So that's why I look at todays Biker's and think.....No, I'm not one of them! 8)

No...I don't call myself a Biker! I call myself "The Cool Guy".  8)  

I did use to call myself a Biker in the 70's...but the definition and profile has changed a lot over the years.

So that's why I look at todays Biker's and think.....No, I'm not one of them!  8)

Yeah, but there truly IS a difference between an OldSchool Biker & a NewAge Wannabe Profiler :roll: :wink:

The car! 8)

Word.....

The problem is that I get the need to be out on 2 wheels at weird times, I usually leave the house at around 1am and tear up the roads until about 3am - this happens to be when it's very cold out.

I also like strokers and they go much better when the air temp is cold... :twisted:

J

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile back at the gloves issue........as another ex courier, and an all year bike user, I can tell you from experience that the more fingers your gloves have, the greater the chance that they will leak.

The only true solutions I have found, are either the handlebar muffs as mentioned previously, or a set of overmits from your local friendly outdoor shop. These are cheap (I paid £12 this year for a breathable set), and very durable baring accidents. Just wear them over a set of ski gloves, or heavy bike gloves.

:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online