XVS Larger Back Wheel/Tyre

Tyinthesky
This post is 4798 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

My project is nearly done but man.... does the little 125 back wheel look a bit 'Jedward'.

Theres a decent size spacer in there....can I drop in a 'Hassellhoff' 250 wheel or is that the same size....how about a rip buff and reem 'Peter Andre' off a 600? (I'm resigned to not being able to have a 'Vin diesel' whatsoever).

I realise how gay the above sounds, but hell with it, its the new millenium!! lol

Heres my blacked out Dragstar, little bit to go (Carbon wrap on mudguards, rear light, tax and mot ought to be done really I guess)

Oh, one last question, whats your opinion for LED kits, do I deserve a kicking for even asking, are they for 16 year old Moped jeans down your arse types or can I get one please!! haha..

Nearlydone.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oh yeah, the missus has seen the spray on the decking and I did get in trouble.

(no, I didn't spray outdoors, took it apart and did it in my shed (which, I know, needs a coat of creosote) just touched up underside oops).

:*checks hands for hair I'm talking to myself*:

you have done a good job there m8 B) looks mint

as to a bigger back wheel/tire

yeah there is a spacer but there is only about half an inch either side of the swingarm (where it goes in to the frame) its a weird shape and you might struggle to fit a bigger tire/wheel......then there is the chain to think about will it line up properly? it needs to be spot on straight otherwise bad things will happen.

but have you considered changing the seat? i dont know if you have noticed but its huge! and makes the back wheel look small. if you replace with a smaller one it will make the back wheel look bigger.

juts take the seat off and have a look from the back, you will see what i mean. plus its a cheaper option.

i looked into it a few years ago and it would of cost me £200 to get a bigger back wheel on and sorted, but it meant bending the swingarm out to make it wider and putting new sprockets on.

ohh just thought you could get away with it if you extended the swingarm..? just means you would have to buy 2 chains and put extra links on.

Cheers Paul,

Sounds like way too much grief on the back wheel then, but good idea about the seat it would slim the profile of the middle of the bike and stop the wheel looking as narrow.

I will look into that..

oh and look into some smaller shocks to lower that back end! lol :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online