Virago 125cc beginner problem

KeithRyan101
This post is 4878 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, im new to biking.. i bought a virago 125 and i am going getting it serviced during winter but my problem is that the neutral light does not work.. its not the bulb as i have tried a replacement... there are two cables coming from the cluch.. one goes to the clutch the other leads into the wiring behind the headlight... the cable leading into the headlight keeps falling out of the hole for it on the clutch... is there anything i could do myself to fix this.. also it is hard to find neutral while the bike has been running but i can get it into neutral if i turn of the bike move forward a bit and click up from first.

Regards,

Keith

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, im new to biking.. i bought a virago 125 and i am going getting it serviced during winter but my problem is that the neutral light does not work.. its not the bulb as i have tried a replacement... there are two cables coming from the cluch.. one goes to the clutch the other leads into the wiring behind the headlight... the cable leading into the headlight keeps falling out of the hole for it on the clutch... is there anything i could do myself to fix this.. also it is hard to find neutral while the bike has been running but i can get it into neutral if i turn of the bike move forward a bit and click up from first.

Regards,

Keith

Getting it serviced in winter? Winters gone mate B)

2 cables from the clutch lever assemby, one is the steel operating cable, the other is the electrical cable linked to the side stand switch to prevent the bike being started in gear with the side stand down and clutch out(think Ive got that right :huh: )I reckon that there should be a rubber grommet or plug fitted onto the electrical cable to hold it in place on the lever bracket, check to see if its not slipped out and is further down the cable.

As for not finding neutral, this is quite common and requires patience and practice. It would be a benefit if you changed the oil, it plays a big part in gear changing/clutch operation and good clean oil makes it easier to find neutral. Unless you can be sure when the oil was last changed, and recently, change it and make sure you get the right type

The knack is to slip into neutral just before you actually come to a stop

Search for the Virago 125 owners manual on this site

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online