XVS 650 Forks

jont
This post is 4871 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Evening all!

Yesterday I considered changing the oil in my forks as I am experiencing heavy steering when in traffic. Out comes the manual and when I have read it I go to the bike to weigh the job up.

Now then, the manual tells me that both tubes should be exactly at the same level and level with the top yolk.My query is this. My o/s tube is about one inch above the yolk, and my n/s one about half an inch!

Can anyone suggest why this might be the case? The bike is a 1997 with 7000 miles on it and from documents I have has been regularly serviced.

Thanks chaps!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I finally got round to setting up the forks to correct spec today and I think I've found out why they were all over the place!

The bike has a screen which is attached by using the top and bottom yolk bolts.

I suspect that whoever put it on in the past didn't realise that undoing these bolts would cause the tubes to move about, hence the problem!

Funnily enough the steering is now a hell of a lot better!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online