DT125R 2003 with no clocks

kearns0151
This post is 4868 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello, ive recently bought a 2003 DTR125...it hasnt got any clocks, im wondering does anyone know which clocks go on it (speedo/temp, speedo/tacho/temp etc) as ive never seen one on a 2003 before...i was hearing it has the speedo/tacho/temp, does the speedo run off a cable going into the drive in the gearbox?? and if so what powers/runs the tacho(rev counter)?? i was told it runs of a cable drive aswell, but i cant see anywere else it would connect to...then i was told by another person the tacho (rev counter) will be run of a wire receiving signal from the cdi???...this the first time ive had a road legal dt...and havent a clue lol...PLEASEE HELPP!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello, ive recently bought a 2003 DTR125...it hasnt got any clocks, im wondering does anyone know which clocks go on it (speedo/temp, speedo/tacho/temp etc) as ive never seen one on a 2003 before...i was hearing it has the speedo/tacho/temp, does the speedo run off a cable going into the drive in the gearbox?? and if so what powers/runs the tacho(rev counter)?? i was told it runs of a cable drive aswell, but i cant see anywere else it would connect to...then i was told by another person the tacho (rev counter) will be run of a wire receiving signal from the cdi???...this the first time ive had a road legal dt...and havent a clue lol...PLEASEE HELPP!!

Speedo drive is off the front wheel

An intro in new members?

100_1341_500.jpg

aww cheers you really have cheered me up, i was gutted starting to think i was at a close for this first project...what is the set up for this, isit some sort of sensor (do you know what its called?) what goes on the wheel and wires to the speedo?...so the drive that is on the the top of the gearbox is this for the rev counter cable?? i am really confused with what everyone has been telling me..thanks

aww cheers you really have cheered me up, i was gutted starting to think i was at a close for this first project...what is the set up for this, isit some sort of sensor (do you know what its called?) what goes on the wheel and wires to the speedo?...so the drive that is on the the top of the gearbox is this for the rev counter cable?? i am really confused with what everyone has been telling me..thanks

yes mate both mechanical cable drives, tacho is obviously from engine. There is a drive unit on the front wheel. Will post some more pics tomorrow if you want...off to bed now :zzz:

yes mate both mechanical cable drives, tacho is obviously from engine. There is a drive unit on the front wheel. Will post some more pics tomorrow if you want...off to bed now :zzz:

thanks mate, if you could show were and how the rev counter connects and the speedo drive...much appreciated, night mate

• 2 weeks later...

ahhhh i see...thought that may have been it...i went to buy a second hand pair of wheels for it, when i got there relised they were a nice set of takasago rims so im well pleased...but noticed he had a speedo drive there to so got that, all i need now is a rear caliper mount and pads, found a set of clocks won them for £36 on ebay!!

then im away!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online