XVS 125 - throttle stop screw

saska21
This post is 4726 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My bike stalls when idling even with hot engine, so I have to keep increasing the revs a bit when stationary. I tried to turn the throttle stop screw a tiny bit to remedy this but it won't turn. I didn't manage to look under the rubber protective thingy but it feels like as if it was corroded.

Is there any way to get the existing screw to work or do I need to change it? If the latter, how do I go about it? Is it difficult and should I take it to a garage instead?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My bike stalls when idling even with hot engine, so I have to keep increasing the revs a bit when stationary. I tried to turn the throttle stop screw a tiny bit to remedy this but it won't turn. I didn't manage to look under the rubber protective thingy but it feels like as if it was corroded.

Is there any way to get the existing screw to work or do I need to change it? If the latter, how do I go about it? Is it difficult and should I take it to a garage instead?

Try adjusting the idle screw, left side of the bike, should have a round plastic knob on it.

Try adjusting the idle screw, left side of the bike, should have a round plastic knob on it.

I think we are talking about the same screw. It won't turn. :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online