dt 125 r bad starting n running

rob.patton
This post is 4869 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi just got a 2001 dt 125 r as project bike its just had a top end rebuild at a garage just before i got the bike. problem is now is that i have to bump the bike to start it and once it is running, it runs like a dog and overheats, i have changed the coil n plug i dunno whats up with it can anyone help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi just got a 2001 dt 125 r as project bike its just had a top end rebuild at a garage just before i got the bike. problem is now is that i have to bump the bike to start it and once it is running, it runs like a dog and overheats, i have changed the coil n plug i dunno whats up with it can anyone help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first thing that i would do for it running like a 'Dog' is try check the fuel and air mixture, simply take your plug out after letting the bike run for a couple of mins just ticking over. Obsever the colour of the threads if they are black as sin then you are running on too much fuel so down size your jets or allow more air in, but if it is really clean then you are running on too much air again you can up size your jets or change the air to fuel mixture. The over heating problem firsly i would recomend checking the radiator fluid and that u have enough in if any, but also check the gaskets if they have gone it will be peeing out water and over hetaing. Lastly check that water is flowing through your system becuase if it isnt then you baby is gunna go bang :D

Hope it helps let me know how you get on

Elliot

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online