1990 535 virago

evilSrad666
This post is 4882 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello guys n girls got a problem with a 535 virago 1990 ive set the carbs and cleaned them out put new plugs in, ive checked the coils but 1 seemed low so going to put new ones on just incase,the bike idles ok but go to rev it and it wont it coughs and farts any ideas would be helpfull

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, are the diaphragm's ok and is the electrical system ok/charging because if the geny has gone down it will tick over ok for a while but wont rev through for toffee, i did one up last year or the year before you may have seen it here and there on the Internet as ive posted it on a few sites its known as "Captain America" and that did exactly the same as yours is doing before i sorted it and it was the geny that had gone so i replaced that as well as the harness the battery and the reg/rec so i knew it would be spot on, hope this helps some.

Cuda