1983 XS400J Maxim

L.PELLEY
This post is 4848 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have clicked on links and searched the net til my fingers have near bled.. Are there no online manual links that actually work?

The XS400J Maxim must be the rare creature that no one has or everyone wants to forget... It is even rare to find a complete picture of, or a picture of a complete one....

the general lack of response comes down to netiquette.

introduce yourself first in the new members section, let peeps get to know you.

• 1 month later...

I have clicked on links and searched the net til my fingers have near bled.. Are there no online manual links that actually work?

The XS400J Maxim must be the rare creature that no one has or everyone wants to forget... It is even rare to find a complete picture of, or a picture of a complete one....

Don't know what the problem is...I just type XS400J, and get all sorts of hits. Try leaving off the Maxim, or type 400 Maxim, and leave off the XS400J. I picked up a new manual (circa 1983) on Ebay. I rebuilt a crashed '83 XS400J searching parts on Ebay. The single hardest part to find, was the right-side outer battery cover.There are lots of Maxims out there. Try this link for parts referencing. (it's the first link to appear via Google using xs400j parts)

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/1982/XS400J/parts.html

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online