flip up lids

liquidcooled
This post is 7190 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

anyone tried or own a flip up helmet? if so what are they like? was thinking about one for summer riding. the only bad thing i've heard so far is they're rather noisy but that aint much of a problem. we are hard bikers after all 8)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

All the cops wear 'em over here.......BMW & Shoei make nice one's from what I've seen. I'm not sure how they'd stand up to a serious impact though :?

Me, I'll stick with my standard full-face. :wink: 8)

I think most flip up lids are tested as full face. If you look at the label with the EC number on it there should be a letter.

J- means it's tested as open face

P- means it's tested as full face ( I think I've got that right I'l double check and let you know!)

The only complaints I've heard is noise.

Isn't the Nolan N1 a flip up jobbie ?

They get advertiised on Eurosport when the motoGP is on - the advert is really homo.

For Honda riders :lol:

cheers folks. bought one today. it's only for the summer when i'm just pottering around. not too expensive as i just wanna see what they're like. the arai and roof are for all other duties 8) now all we need is some nice weather this summer.... :roll:

Wey I just think my Caberg Justissimo is the dogs bollocks ,ducks nuts,hens teeth,

An the double visor system is grand wen the sun is in yer eyes, :D

Which one did you buy LC?

Oh and by the way Gaz. Your going to be able to buy different visors (including an iridium one) for your justissimo as of next year>

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

Get yerself a RX7-rr !!

:P

The RR is old hat mate! You need a corsair you do 8)

i have a roof daytona and arai schwantz rep also jmw. the whole point in a new helmet was to get a flip up one for summer. your flash rx7-rr doesn't exactly fit that bill does it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online