XJ900 Diversion S dead in the water

OutofAfrica
This post is 4879 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all

First time on the forum and could not located a similar thread so started this one

Had my bike under m/c cover but out in the elements for about 1 1/2 years, replaced the motor and reconnected all the plugs.

Removed an after market heated grip setup and cut and insulated the wiring that was used for these grips.

turned the key and the only thing that works is the clock....press starter, horn nothing (fully charged battery checked with meter)

no neutral or oil light

I did spray some wd40 into the kickstand switch as it was really sluggish but is now free moving. (is wd40 conductive?)

I still have the front fairing removed so the headlight and front indicators are disconnected.

some advice would give me a starting "points"....;]

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey all

First time on the forum and could not located a similar thread so started this one

Had my bike under m/c cover but out in the elements for about 1 1/2 years, replaced the motor and reconnected all the plugs.

Removed an after market heated grip setup and cut and insulated the wiring that was used for these grips.

turned the key and the only thing that works is the clock....press starter, horn nothing (fully charged battery checked with meter)

no neutral or oil light

I did spray some wd40 into the kickstand switch as it was really sluggish but is now free moving. (is wd40 conductive?)

I still have the front fairing removed so the headlight and front indicators are disconnected.

some advice would give me a starting "points"....;]

Welcome to the Yamaha Owners forum :welcome:I just guess you have not got everything connected don't forget all circuits need to wired in .... my Divi did 3 years in a shed (and without the removal of the fairing) fired up no problem .. but perhaps check the fuses and insure that the battery 'really' is good enough .. perhaps just run a car battery in series but without more info this will be difficult to solve

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online