FZR rear wheel, advise for a novice trackie .

ace500
This post is 7226 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:D

Hi peeps, this is my first post (as opposed to last !), so HI to everyone.

I was wondering if anyone would know if the rear wheel from a FZR 1000 genesis, which is 18 inch, can easily be replaced with a 17 incher, from a Ace or something that allows 180 section tyres. I just want to give myself more choice with rubber as I fully intend to turn to track biking next year.

I know a 998cc FZR isn't the tool of choice but I was hoping to get to embarace a few 'trackies' on a bike as old as they are !!

Any constructive critisizm or advise greatly received. :hug

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry, don't think it's a straight swap. As far as I can remember, the Genesis runs a thinner wheel spindle which would mean machining up spacers etc.

It would probably be easier using the back end from a 600 Fazer, the arm is very similar to the Genesis one but the Fazer runs a 5x17 wheel (same as TRX/FZR600R etc). I have a 600 Fazer arm I would let go very cheap if you're interested.

I know a 998cc FZR isn't the tool of choice but I was hoping to get to embarace a few 'trackies' on a bike as old as they are !!  

Any constructive critisizm or advise greatly received. :hug

Dont worry these babies can really shift and will not be put to shame by the newer models, its all down to the rider :wink:

:)

Cheers for the response (s) (Mike). :twisted:

I have gpt a FZR swinger, shock, dog legs and was wondering about the swing arm pivot. Would the swing arm pivot be th right size?

The only reason I mentioned theAce before is because I thought they share the same or derivitives of the same frame ? :?

IE;

FZR1000... FZR1000 EXUP....YZF 750....YZF 1000.??? :?:

It's OK if it's spindal problem because wheel bearings can be produced for little money and spacers also. I think I would prefer to go the whole back end if I could be confident about the swing arm pivot.

:idea: Maybe I could get a complete back end and just machine a spindle as the cheapest option.

Thanx for the offer of the swinger from a Fazer, the only question I have is over the length of the arm.

Thanx chaps keep 'em commin

• 2 weeks later...

:(

Hiya .

Has anyone tried the 17 inch conversion for the FZR 1000 genesis??

Is the standard shock usable ? can I just change the swing arm ?? are the swing arm pivots the same for all FZR's ???

I need to convert the rear end for 17 inch rubber for a wider choice for track use only .

CAN ANYONE HELP ???

PLEASE .................

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online