CT3 engine rebuild

splittie65
This post is 4881 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have been renovating a CT3 for the last year.....off and on.....

It's now time for the engine.

I have taken the top end off and have determined it'll be best to get it rebored.

The bottom end it right on the limit of needing a refurb, and my question is....

Has anyone dismantled one of these engines, and how easy is it?

I've read the manuals, but I wanted peoples' first hand responses...what are the main problems people have encounted?

Best to do it myself?

Pay someone else?

Leave it alone?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have been renovating a CT3 for the last year.....off and on.....

It's now time for the engine.

I have taken the top end off and have determined it'll be best to get it rebored.

The bottom end it right on the limit of needing a refurb, and my question is....

Has anyone dismantled one of these engines, and how easy is it?

I've read the manuals, but I wanted peoples' first hand responses...what are the main problems people have encounted?

Best to do it myself?

Pay someone else?

Leave it alone?

Take your time with a reasonable tool kit, std sockets spanners and allen keys will do and you won't find it a problem. A haynes manual and some common sense and your about there.

You will also want a heat gun for fitting bearings and a crancase splitter (diy) as the cases dont separate cleanly without one.

I did mine (The dt175 is the same pretty much engine wise) without any trouble. Parts ie gaskets, bearings etc(all gen) were around 90quid.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online