This post is 4879 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well i cant seem to find a stand for this model the bike was made in 1995 and registerd in 1996. i have contacted so many breakers yards and yamaha dealers but nobody has a center stand or cant find one. i have recently come across a stand but the model of the bike is 1981/82 and i really dont know if it will fit my bike or frame, i really could do with some help here as i need to get the bike chain tightend up and also need to change the front wheel, i dont want to spend out on a paddock stand, plus it would be handy to have a main stand on the bike.

has anyone got any idears?

Yamaha dealers...what did they say, I ask again is it discontinued or can't they be bothered?

Try Granbys or Fowlers and find out if it's discontinued or not

If it is discontinued ask then if they will do you a favour and compare part numbers between yours and that earlier version, they can only refuse but \i dont think they will if its discontinued and youre stuck.

well yamaha dealers mainly said that they dont have/stock parts for this model and im better off trying to find one from a scrap yard. im not sure if it is discontinued but i think it is as the bike is 15 years old. i bought the bike without a center stand and now cant find one

i have not bought the earlier part yet as im not sure it will fit and didnt want to mess around with postage etc but i will email the guy and ask him if he knows the part number. thanks for the advice on Granbys or Fowlers i will try.

well yamaha dealers mainly said that they dont have/stock parts for this model and im better off trying to find one from a scrap yard. im not sure if it is discontinued but i think it is as the bike is 15 years old. i bought the bike without a center stand and now cant find one

i have not bought the earlier part yet as im not sure it will fit and didnt want to mess around with postage etc but i will email the guy and ask him if he knows the part number. thanks for the advice on Granbys or Fowlers i will try.

the seller wont know the part number, but granbys or fowlers will and they can compare for you if they can be bothered, ask them nicely and tell them youre in a fix.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online