1998 Wr400 Water In Tank (Wont Start)

This post is 4881 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys i have a 1998 WR400f street legal bike. My kids dumped water in my tank. I didnt know until after i tried to start it and wouldnt start one day. So here i am now, where do i go from here. I am pretty good with a wrench just need to know where to start. Bike doesnt run now. Can i easily check if motor is junk by doing a compression text? Any help will be great thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey guys i have a 1998 WR400f street legal bike. My kids dumped water in my tank. I didnt know until after i tried to start it and wouldnt start one day. So here i am now, where do i go from here. I am pretty good with a wrench just need to know where to start. Bike doesnt run now. Can i easily check if motor is junk by doing a compression text? Any help will be great thanks

Start easy and work up, junk the fuel in the tank, also remove the carb and flush that through as well. Basically anywhere the water laden fuel may have traveled needs clearing out.

Be persistant water can be quite stubbon in some of the deeper area's of the carb.

It certanly wont have done the motor, unless you got A LOT of water actually in the cyl and it hydraulic'd. Thats normally through the filter when traveling through water just a little too deep ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online