xvs125 exhaust options

ollieholt
This post is 4791 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone,

nice to be on the forums!

i have an fzs600 but also at the moment a dragstar 125 xvs.

the exhaust is holier then the pope and after trying to rectify it with welding i have realised it is well beyond repair.

after ringing the main dealer (for a price idea) after a fruitless search of replacement standard parts i had a quote of gone £1000 for the exhaust! what a joke.

any way, the bike needs m.o.t before it is sold on and i need to find an exhaust full system for relatievly cheap<£300/350 so i can get things moving.

anybody know of any road legal or mot passing systems that are available? anyone have any links i could look at? anyone know where i can get a good used example?

many thanks

ollie

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

non standard highway hawks/vance & hines etc are available to buy, shop around, you might need baffles for those for mot, depends upon the tester.

Shop around ebay/motorcycle breakers for used stuff

generally if you go to a local exhaust place they will weld a pipe on for u and drill holes in the end for around £70 - £80 then i advise ring highway hawks and order a baffle although with a 125 will normally pass an MOT without a baffle as mine has just passed and im on a virago 125 with a straight through pipe

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online