Overloads possible in XV 125's headlight wire leads?

Kelum
This post is 4777 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I replaced Headlight's bulb with a Xenon bulb which gave a very bright beam two days ago, but last night when I was riding at night it blew off..both filaments burned out..is it possible for some electrical problem the leads can bring a higher voltage to the bulb?....thank you people..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if anything it will be a short in the electrics, are the fuses ok? and what volt fuses have you got?

also did you get the right power bulbs?

if anything it will be a short in the electrics, are the fuses ok? and what volt fuses have you got?

also did you get the right power bulbs?

The bulb was a 12V/60-55W Xenon one..Yes fuses are ok, I should check all once again.. :unsure:

The bulb was a 12V/60-55W Xenon one..Yes fuses are ok, I should check all once again.. :unsure:

thats a little strainge......what size/voltage fuse have you got? if memory serves me right it should be a 15A for the lighting circuit

so it just blows the Xenon bulbs and not standard ones?

thats a little strainge......what size/voltage fuse have you got? if memory serves me right it should be a 15A for the lighting circuit

so it just blows the Xenon bulbs and not standard ones?

Oh seems thats the case, Xenon bulbs require more amperage? I put a Halogen one with same wattage..it still works (since yesterday :lol: )Will check fuses..but if the Xenon drew more current fuse should blow out right, but fuse seems to be ok as the second bulb still lights up... :unsure:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online