bike tests

gazad
This post is 7147 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all i just stuck a post on another page but thought i'd say hi in here too :D right i dont want to make myself look like a prick here (i am though), anyway i just bin reading some of the posts and see theres a lot a crap looks to be mainly off divvies who'l b dead within 6 months of passing their tests, i ain't passed my test or even ever attempted it as i have lost my licence through the good old dnd :oops:, anyway i read some one is a cbt instructor cant remember names sorry, but i am just wondering how hard is it to actually ride a bike on the road safely???? i have only been on three or four bikes in my life and have come off loads of times moving and stood still i mean i had a quick go of my 600 the other day, stopped and dropped the pissin thing and smashed myself up!! :oops: :roll: so do people find that as they get older their outlook and the way they ride changes ie:they get more sensible?? or are they just as bad as when they first start or do they go like bats out of hell to get the same buzz?

if i have made myself sound like an arse i appologise as i don't really know out about bikes i am an unemployed car mechanic ffs :!: ,and if you don't get what im saying dont worry about it i really just wanted to try and find out before i go do my training lol (i sound like a right cock now :oops:) i'll shut the f@@k up cheers anyway............

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Gazad

I took my cbt about a year ago and passed my full test in Septmeber and I find that the training you get on a bike is a millions times better than the car training you receive and safety is drummed into you all the time. I have found that my car driving has improved since taking my bike test as well.

:hi There's nowt wrong wi Divvys, been ridin one mesel for 3 years

get yersel a direct acess jobby, TT motorcycle trainin advertise in the wear valley advertiser,365 quid includes ,cbt theory training and test.

LIsten ter wot the man tell you an you'll fly through it :wink: .

:lol: it aint bad man theres a load a good advice an i'll take it as i wana ride real bad if im as bad as i am in a car then watch out car drivers :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: , no i ain't like that really :roll: , just got a few prices for getting me little bike serviced and the carbs synched and the chain done and whatever else god its never ending!!!! £450 -500 quid then i ned x2 tyres unless any1 has a few kicking around????? :?:

What kind of little bike to you have there Gazad?

Sounds like you might know your way around a spanner fairly well, being a car mechanic.......if so, doing that work yourself that you stated you needed, is a Helluva lot cheaper :wink: ........besides there's a real sense of accomplishment when you can keep your own bike running, all by yourself. :wink: ......it can also teach you how to TroubleShoot pretty well. 8)

& along the lines of what FazerBob stated......once you start riding on the road regularly, you'll pay attention to things that Cagers have NO clue what they're missing! :roll: ...it Does make a better driver outta ya :wink:

Bottom Line: Absolutely NO Feelin' like 2-Wheelin' 8)

she's a likkle fzr 600! i know she'e good for about 135-140mph, as she carried me n me m8 from norwich- county durham at 125 and hes a big lad!!! :lol: , erm thie thing between cars and bikes is that everything is soooo bloody small m8 and when u get stressed you just can't go smacking it with a hammer as it breaks!, i had a look through my idiot guide (haynes) last night and am thinking about doing the tappets etc cause it seems dead easy but a bit tight and whilst thats getting done i may as well give it a massive service as i don't know the history of the bike and most bits are gunna be stripped off it!!! my problem is i don't wanna dive in as i'll end up with nuts/bolts n washers everywhere :? and a bike thats no good, i need to find some 1 who i can talk to about things i aint sure about like when your chains fully adjusted and still slack, will the adjusting plates be right to the rear of the swingin arms or to the front??? know what i mean thats y i wont dive in! :wink:

origionally darlington (no taking the piss)!! but am living in middleton teesdale on the penine way  :lol:

quality roads up there :twisted:

lol yeah they r cool but theres a lot of deaths by bikers who think they can tame some of the bends!!! lol, when my m8 rode her up here he was tonne ing it wiv me smacking him in the back off his helmet screaming like a little bitch as it was as icy as hell!!! :eek , he wern't impressed but he didnt know the roads, he's :twisted: really!! he's got a 1000 dunno what make though!!

as advised i may know me way around a spanner i went for broke on my baby today, checking the valve clearances, what a complete pain in the arse it was! nah it was easier than i thought it would be and only took a couple a hours, bollocks to paying 500 quid the fiddly bits were trying to get the rad and rocker cover past the front mud guard wiv out scratchin it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: , to me it looks like its had a new head on it as the cams had tippex on them, there was no play at all in the cam chain and everything looked brand new even the little of the head i could see looked as though it had been shot blasted it was that clean :) , the plugs 134 were fouled up so i definatly think i need the carbs synched up and apart from that the only other thing i found wrong were the front forks the seals are perishing and there's a hell of a lot of travel in them up and down. i'll have to get me idiots guide out again, but has anyone ever stripped and rebuilt them are they easy and are the parts readilly available for them cheers peps :wink: