Chappy LB50 throttle stuck on full!

John Yelland
This post is 4888 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

My yamaha chappy's throttle was a bit sticky and when riding would stick on before slowly releasing a bit and returning to normal.

I opened the cable splitter box and WD40'd it, the splitter moved backwards and forwards nicely.

I then opened the carb top where one of the cables goes and the slide is clean and seems ok.

I also opened where the other cable goes and it's attached to what looks like a throttle body of a car (dont know what the actual part is, when your messing around with a car and you rev the engine by moving the wheel, looks like that).

After doing all this, now when I bump start it, the throttle is on full at idle and I cant shift back to neutral (as the revs are too high).

Any ideas what could be up? I've ordered a new throttle cable, but it's gonna be about a month before i get it. So it would help for me to get thing going.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online