Chappy LB50 kick start snapped off, any ideas?

John Yelland
This post is 4889 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all, im overseas forces based in cyprus and the kickstart on my chappy has broken, the bit on the end where the kickstart actually clamps onto has broken off.

I've been trying to find a place here that sells parts but it's pretty much impossible.

Any ideas where I can get a new kickstart shaft from?

-----------

Also, I would be interested in getting a Lifan 125cc engine from ebay after the kickstarts been fixed, we have chappy races on the go kart track every now and then. Any chance you guys could link one that would fit my bike? Im sure you lot know alot more than me when it comes to bike mechanics, and buying the wrong one could be a real pain when I have to send it back.

Many thanks

John

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, problem solved!

I read somewhere that you can easily push start these bikes, and many people do. So I removed the whole kick start assembly and sealed the hole with a bolt, washers and nut and it bump starts really easily, with very little effort!

Thats saved me the price of a new kickstart shaft and fitting it :)

-------

Next on the list, Lifan 150cc engine :)