Bleeding the front brakes

VisualVales
This post is 4886 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone,

I got my new caliper in for my xs750 special (super excited face :D), I was trying to bleed the front brakes. There are two front brakes on the XS750 special. However, I could not get the fluid to come through the bleed nipple. I kept hearing little gasps of air but no fluid. The master cylinder didn't seem to be draining at all either. Has anyone else run into this problem? If so are there any solutions that you can think of?

Thanks for reading,

Brian

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

why are you posting this in the bar?

workshop would be more appropriate and did you do a search on bleeding brakes? we have another member having the same issues (abet a different bike) but its all relevant!

Oh I apologize for posting in the wrong section. Yeah I did a search and actually checked all my lines. Seems the problem is coming from the master cylinder somewhere. again apologies for posting in the wrong area.

why are you posting this in the bar?

workshop would be more appropriate and did you do a search on bleeding brakes? we have another member having the same issues (abet a different bike) but its all relevant!

try clearing the tiny hole within the master cylinder its a return orifice for the brake fluid

try clearing the tiny hole within the master cylinder its a return orifice for the brake fluid

thanks Drewpy,

I got a guitar string and some compressed and was able to clear the cylinder. Got the front brakes bled and took her for a spin.

Thanks again

Brian

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online