Getting to know my bike..

trumpetdude
This post is 4885 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey peeps, everyone had their fun of the nice weather? ...

So I've had a wee look at the pinned chain page. Interesting stuff. Is there any way to see which chain is on my bike? I know it doesn't really matter if it's worn as it will need replaced anyway but I was just curious as to if I could find out if it X or O sealed or make..

Also heard some for's and against Scot Oilers, I'm all for just, *ahem* doing it by hand but been looking into an S.O. and wondering what yer thoughts are...?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey peeps, everyone had their fun of the nice weather? ...

So I've had a wee look at the pinned chain page. Interesting stuff. Is there any way to see which chain is on my bike? I know it doesn't really matter if it's worn as it will need replaced anyway but I was just curious as to if I could find out if it X or O sealed or make..

Also heard some for's and against Scot Oilers, I'm all for just, *ahem* doing it by hand but been looking into an S.O. and wondering what yer thoughts are...?

Not familiar with the bike, but if you're looking to fit a new chain ask suppliers to tell you what types are available for that bike. Personally, even a plain non fancy dan type chain

if cleaned and lubed up regulary and properly, and correclty tensioned, should last thousands and thousands of miles.

I've looked at the chain link too and just go for heavy duty standard chain and keep it oiled.

for £22 I'm not going to bother with anythiing else!

Scottoiler is a great piece of kit. Fit, set, forget. Never have to clean, lube or adjust that chain again.

Provided you remember to fill it up :lol: I've got a Scottoiler and it is great, but I also 'paint' their oil onto the chain after I've washed the bike for extra protection...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online