Need help please be gental

JayA
This post is 4887 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok here goes, well I'm new to the whole bike scene so still trying to find me feet. Speaking of feet today i bought s brand new pair of rst boots which look great BUT! This is where I need some guidance, I went for a quick ride to try them out but just can't get on with them. I really struggle to change up, it's like my foot won't bend from the peg to get under the leaver to change gear! I can't feel the leaver with my foot either as it has reinforced toes, so sometimes I think I've changed up but haven't.

Is this a typical newbie error or do I just have to give it time for my to get used to them?

They were £100 so I don't want to think I am just throwing money away.

Can some please point me in the right direction.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Greetings Jay :welcome:

Try removing the gearchange lever and re-fitting it one spline up to give a little more room to get your foot under it.

As for new boots, yes you will have to persevere with them, you will find them particularly stiff at first but in time theey will soften a little and you will also get used to them.

Ware your boots arround the house,,,,,,,,,,go for a few long walks in them,,,,,,,all helps to soffen them/ brake them in.

Take your time on the bike till ya get the feel of it. Quiet roads a good place to get aquainted with your bike,,,,,making sure everything is set up to suit you,,,,,,ie.controles, leavers, peadles.

Good tip from Oldgit,,,,,,,move the gearchange leaver up one notch, but before ya do put some pen mark on it where it is now.

All in all, the more time your arround your bike the more familiar your will become with it.

Take care and stay safe

Ware your boots arround the house,,,,,,,,,,go for a few long walks in them,,,,,,,all helps to soffen them/ brake them in.

Take your time on the bike till ya get the feel of it. Quiet roads a good place to get aquainted with your bike,,,,,making sure everything is set up to suit you,,,,,,ie.controles, leavers, peadles.

Good tip from Oldgit,,,,,,,move the gearchange leaver up one notch, but before ya do put some pen mark on it where it is now.

All in all, the more time your arround your bike the more familiar your will become with it.

Take care and stay safe

Thanks buddy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online