T80 townmate exhaust

mike73
This post is 4891 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Y'all. I have an aged and loved T80 (1983) still going fine BUT I needed a new exhaust. I found loads listed on ebay at around 35-50 quid and got one- fitted poorly (too short) but went on after some fettling! However its really noisy- MOT inspectors commented on it although only as an advisory. I see the look of disappointment on the faces of teenage girls who clearly expect something more spectacular from the tjroaty roar that announces my arrival and as a cheap runaround this is really not meant to disturb the peace. I don't want to get another pipe in case its just the same- so does anyone know a good source of an exhaust that does actually silence the engine?

Thanks in anticipation-Mike

PS tried a late C90 exhaust- pipe is right diameter but mounting bolts all wrong- anyone know if the eraly shape would fit?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.