1975 dt 175 carb problem

mrgrizzly
This post is 4756 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i have a 1975 dt 175 ive been having this problem for a wile i disconnected the oilier system i had way to may problems with it so i now pr mix the gas in to the tank (32 to 1) and the bike runs fin for a wile but when i start going up hills it would boog and die and would not start back up . i was wondering since i pre mix the bike should i change the jets in the carb .thanks

Any thoughts ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi i have a 1975 dt 175 ive been having this problem for a wile i disconnected the oilier system i had way to may problems with it so i now pr mix the gas in to the tank (32 to 1) and the bike runs fin for a wile but when i start going up hills it would boog and die and would not start back up . i was wondering since i pre mix the bike should i change the jets in the carb .thanks

Any thoughts ?

Yes the oil system should be blanked off securely to stop the motor drawing air.

As far as the jetting goes its generally accepted to go up 5-10 points on the main to compensate for the oil that is reducing the amount of fuel going into the motor thereby weakening the fuel mix.

Any thoughts ?

I would change the jets ... as the oily mixture would require a slightly larger main jet .. I would guess you have done the obvious .. ignition timing & decoke to ensure the rest of the motor is running ok ... but also if you have not blanked of the oil intake into the carb for sure the motor will run weak

thanks for all the info its been a wile since i work on the bike and i tryed to start the bike today but the stator and points was all rusted agan so im going to need to clean that all up agan before i go back to the carb. thanks

thanks for all the info its been a wile since i work on the bike and i tryed to start the bike today but the stator and points was all rusted agan so im going to need to clean that all up agan before i go back to the carb. thanks

Leaving the bike long enough for the points to be in too poor a condition to fire will mean carb problems anyway with the gunk left as the fuel evaporates.

I should have read the intro in the noobs section properly that said you leave the bike for years at a time, ah you didn't write one.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online