xj600n gear / engine woes

trumpetdude
This post is 4890 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well, at the side of the road again. just south of Jocks Lodge if anyone's passing..I was heading into Edinburgh andI had a bit of vibration whilst cruising so I down shifted and slowed and all was fine, I though it was actually the road surface. I pulled over and checked as much as I could and all seemed fine so I carried on my way. Bad choice. About a mile into town the bike got really rough and sounded like a bag of spanners then died. I put it into neutral and started it, sounded just as bad. So now I'm sitting in the lovely sunshine waiting for the RAC. I've just noticed some oil sepage from cycl 4 but other than that everthing seems fine. There was no smoke etc and the only thing I've done engine wise to the bike was top up a bit of oil. Which was probably a symptom of whatever has lead me to some impromptu sunbathing. Bollox.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok, You know what, I'm a muppet - :o . I'm gonna check a few things out before I post the next time. Here's what it was... fuel. I think the bike must have been sitting for a wee while, it had been riden to empty and filled to full but this time I added some redex. I think some dirt was drawn into the carbs etc which, twinnd with being low on fuel mate the divvy quite unhappy. Going to carry on with a few checks as it's the right thing to do but it looks as though for now I'll be riding on. Woo!

Glad you got it sorted out-ya muppet :lol:

But what was the rough sound's and the oil sepage from cylinder 4 ????

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online