Anyone familiar with an 82 dt125 ?

MaxBlasto
This post is 4894 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone would be able to share a little knowledge and point me in the right direction. I have recently acquired a 1982 DT 125 Lc mk1. It is the first and only bike that has come into my possession thus far.

It has been stored in a barn for the past ten years and unfortunately the fuel tank has some pretty aggressive pitting in it ( put away with fuel in tank I think). The rest of the bike is in good shape. My predicament is my knowledge or lack there of regarding yamahas. I'm wondering if there is a place where I can see all the compatible tanks for this bike. Does this exist? I've exhausted my google and eBay searches and was not able to find even aftermarket tanks.

I'm not looking for a oem resto (as of yet, maybe never) but I am super excited to get it running and learn how to ride. The gentlmen who gave me the bike said it was a great bike to learn on ;)

Anyways I apologize for the lengthy post. Any ideas or info or anything would be greatly appreciated :) good to be here and I look forward to chatting with you. Thanks

Greetings from Canada

Max Blasto

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello everyone,

I was hoping someone would be able to share a little knowledge and point me in the right direction. I have recently acquired a 1982 DT 125 Lc mk1. It is the first and only bike that has come into my possession thus far.

It has been stored in a barn for the past ten years and unfortunately the fuel tank has some pretty aggressive pitting in it ( put away with fuel in tank I think). The rest of the bike is in good shape. My predicament is my knowledge or lack there of regarding yamahas. I'm wondering if there is a place where I can see all the compatible tanks for this bike. Does this exist? I've exhausted my google and eBay searches and was not able to find even aftermarket tanks.

I'm not looking for a oem resto (as of yet, maybe never) but I am super excited to get it running and learn how to ride. The gentlmen who gave me the bike said it was a great bike to learn on ;)

Anyways I apologize for the lengthy post. Any ideas or info or anything would be greatly appreciated :) good to be here and I look forward to chatting with you. Thanks

Greetings from Canada

Max Blasto

Welcome to the forum Max !

just a thought why do you not want an OEM tank ? ... as they tend to do the job that the designer designed it for. you could run the bike without a fuel tank ... a bottle will do, but I guess that after 10 years in a barn the bike (Carb etc) may have other issues and a fuel tank maybe the last thing you need .... I think a better idea would be to get the motor running again then look at the aesthetic requirements of the bike

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online