Yamaha Dragstar XVS125 Exhaust Question

Tom White
This post is 4817 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys, Im slowly but surely customizing my Yamaha Dragstar XVS125, Im missing the rear exhaust heat shield. (Previous owner said it fell off, this seems to be a common issue) The exhuast on there at the moment sounds great, but i want something a little meatier. Just wondering if there are baffles i can remove, or if there are other exhaust systems that are available to me.

Im aware of the Highway Hawks Slash Cut's. They were MEANT to arrive today in-fact, But i got an email informing that they were out of stock. Dissapointed, but it gives me a few extra days to reconsider my options.

Cheers in advanced.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

a hello in the noobs section goes a long way around here ....(just some friendly advice ;) )

as to your question ......you cant take the baffles out of the exhaust without cutting them to peices.......but there is a mod you can do to make them sound a little better. you drill 5 x 6mm holes in the end of each exhaust. it makes it louder and a little deeper. then when its due for an mot you put 6mm bolts in the holes.

but the best mod would be to get the slash cuts! they look loads better and make the bike sound like it looks. :D plus there hard to get hold of so it should be a nice little extra if you decide to sell the bike.

Hey mate, thanks for the reply. Will drilling the holes in the exhaust effect the performance of the bike ?... have you tried this yourself have ya?

Thanks again.

the hole mod wont effect the performance no. and iv done it on both my xvs 125 and sachs. it just makes the exhaust louder and the note deeper. B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online