hard starting rd

pefferlaw
This post is 4886 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I assume the starter jet may be blocked or possibly you have the float bowls on the wrong carbs?

Now this is a hunch as I do not know the LC setup but on my DTMX the starter (choke) sucks extra fuel up from the bottom of the float bowl through a small orifice right at the bottom, it then passes up the 'bore' in the casting to the choke plunger, I think on a twin carb setup there is a pipe connecting the two carbs for the fuel rich mixture to pass across to the cyl without a choke. Perhaps this will explain better, a picture of the workings on my DTMX

StarterCircuit.jpg

so if you have the float bowls mixed up...then no fuel can be drawn through A and B

...Paul

Hi when i cleaned the carbs i did them one at a time but i do not know if the former owner mixed them up sounds like a place to start thanks.

If they are not mixed up, drip some fuel into 'B' abd see if it weeps through 'A' (small hole)

Ah peffer" the float valve is sticking , worth removing, and cleaning, maybe faulty, Worste scenario , is fuel running into crankcase, and hydraulic lock. :huh:

I only just joined today and thanks for the great advice now where is the float valve located sorry maybe a different wording i am a canadian eh.

It's usually in the middle, it has a tiny spring loaded plunger that rests on the float arm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online