Replacing Spokes

DTGordo
This post is 4896 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Heya,

Happy Easter/Spring.

I've kind of got an answer to my own question but maybe something useful for someone else in the process.......

I've been looking for replacement spokes for a '74 ag 175 (pretty much the same as a DT) and for some reason I've found it difficult to get ones that are original or close to it. Is it just me? I was thinking I could just go into a bike shop and get them but as many would know, bikes from 1974 don't exist for most shops and spokes have changed a bit.

I did some reasearch on having some made as well as getting a wheel/bike for spares but I wouldn't be able to get that through my Minister of Home Affairs and Finance. I did eventually find some that did the job so I'm fixed even if they're not 100% the same.

Anyone with any advice on that I'd be happy to hear it.

Anyways, I also came across what looks like a bargain on Fleabay at $9.30US for a set of 18 outside spokes and nipples. It's listed as rear wheel spokes for '74 DT125/175 but at 7 1/4 inch long they must be for a 19inch front (which I didn't need), So anyone looking for a set of front wheel spokes on a DT175/125 1970ish have a look under "NOS yamaha spokes" in the US and you'll find it. Even with postage it looked pretty good and I hope that someone can use it.

Gordo

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye gordo " theres a shop on ebay, Vintage 001 . they have a large selection of rims & spokes, Happy easter :) is that a CT3 You have ?

Thanks for that. I'll have a look.

Na, it's an AG 175 which is pretty similar to a DT. Mostly limited to Australia as far as I know. I'm pretty sure it's a '74 but the plate has all the numbers rubbed off and I haven't been able to ID it from the engine number. Pretty much looks like a bit of a scrambler with front and rear racks, bash plate and drop guards around the engine. Generally the design is a lot sturdier than a DT (like it's got two air filters) for chasing sheep around the paddocks I guess. I'll put some photos up soon......

Gordo

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online