Foamys possible new project?

wild foamy
This post is 4891 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey peeps, its been a while :),

Ive recently been in contact with another person from Benson who has a beige/tan coloured XVS125 in storage on the base, not sure exactly what age it is but i would guess it is around '03 age, with 7,000 miles on the clock, good chrome and paint but in need of a good dust off and a service as it has been sat in storage for 3 years now, it also has a luggage set which is stored indoors

now, the story goes that the lady i spoke to bought it from the UK, moved over to aldergrove in northern ireland, then moved back to the UK and had to re-register it because it had a NI plate, however she bought a bigger bike and couldnt be bothered with the paper work (which is all there and has been payed for) and so the baby drag sat in storage for the past 3 years until i stumbled across it (literally).

as it stands now i can purchase it for £850, but would it really be worth it? i will get some pictures next time im over there.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

taking in to account its been stood four years you will probably have to factor in costs of a bew battery,tyres? mot etc but that taken into account here is what it books at IF its an 03.

dealer price.£1525

private good.£1300

private poor £945

so at £850 is it worth it? depends what you want to do with it.for me no i would be looking at£700 good luck. B)

Hey peeps, its been a while :),

Ive recently been in contact with another person from Benson who has a beige/tan coloured XVS125 in storage on the base, not sure exactly what age it is but i would guess it is around '03 age, with 7,000 miles on the clock, good chrome and paint but in need of a good dust off and a service as it has been sat in storage for 3 years now, it also has a luggage set which is stored indoors

now, the story goes that the lady i spoke to bought it from the UK, moved over to aldergrove in northern ireland, then moved back to the UK and had to re-register it because it had a NI plate, however she bought a bigger bike and couldnt be bothered with the paper work (which is all there and has been payed for) and so the baby drag sat in storage for the past 3 years until i stumbled across it (literally).

as it stands now i can purchase it for £850, but would it really be worth it? i will get some pictures next time im over there.

I dont recall the XVS 125 being made in beige and tan. I think black/silver/maroon-cream/maroon red were the original colours. XVS650 and XV535 were available in beige tan.

But I've been wrong before :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online