Engine swap

Cjmay
This post is 4901 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Mmmmmm , how long is a peice of string ? Theres the frame- mounts - exhaust route- electrics- sprocket lineup with back sprocket, , its a mine-field,,,, :unsure:

It's a moped not a proper motorbike

you will still need to think about:- if it would fit in the frame, would you need mounts?, will the exist for the new enginee fit in the space?, and can you wire up the new engin? (probably need to make a new loom) plus you will need to notify the dvla about any changes to the bike ......then you need to get it to pass an mot, and last but not least you need to be able to insure it! all in all your looking at a mega amount of work! or about £3000 if you pay someone to do it for you.

ur best bet would be to just buy a new engine exactly the same as the old one then its just a case of whip old engine oit and pop new one in .....notify the dvla and away you go.

Yeah I no. I have a yamaha Jog rr lc 50cc and was going to put a yamaha 50cc air cooled engine in it. It would just fit straight in. Would I have to require for that?

id stick with an exact copy of the original engine, will be cheeper and easyer to hook up.

yeah the new engine might slot in, but it might need a diferant ecu which means new loom.

plus if the original is liquid cooled (im not sure on ur model) then there is a reason for it. probably because an air cooled engine over heats.

.... but anything's possible with enough bloody-minded insanity determination:

Hah been done many times first time i saw one of those was 25years ago at the British 500GP at Silverstone, Haslam Snr was on the podium. I got to shake his hand in the track invasion :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online