3 wires coming out of 125 XV Carb?

will83
This post is 4830 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi There

I have the xv 125 engine in my Sachs Roadster.. The bike's electrics are shorting out somewhere (battery goes flat quickly without use, tingling feeling from metal on bike when other hand on ground)

In my troubleshooting I want to know what the 3 wires are coming our at different points of the mikuni carb? Does anyone know? Would be great to find out.. One of them is not attached to it's socket (makes no difference to shorting issue or performance).

All in all the performance is shoddy and can't help but think the shorting issue is sucking some power out of the sparks and could have something to do with it.. (along with hole in exhaust which I'm sorting out!)

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi There

I have the xv 125 engine in my Sachs Roadster.. The bike's electrics are shorting out somewhere (battery goes flat quickly without use, tingling feeling from metal on bike when other hand on ground)

In my troubleshooting I want to know what the 3 wires are coming our at different points of the mikuni carb? Does anyone know? Would be great to find out.. One of them is not attached to it's socket (makes no difference to shorting issue or performance).

All in all the performance is shoddy and can't help but think the shorting issue is sucking some power out of the sparks and could have something to do with it.. (along with hole in exhaust which I'm sorting out!)

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Hope this helps mate!

xv125carb.jpg

And this..XVS125 and XV125 engines are all the same as others here say..

xv125carb2.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's spot on! Thanks for that! So the first image was from the xv250 manual?

Nope, xvs125 manual..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online