My XVS 650 on going project

gazandjen
This post is 4560 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The exhaust wrap and the whitewall rear look very cool. I prefer the picture where the front mudgaurd has been removed, why did you put it back on? Have you ridden in the rain without the mudgaurds.........bet that wouldn't be much fun.

Thanks, I was trying to go for an old school look. The front mudgaurd will come off and a small rear mudguard with smaller indicators.

My wife wants to pillion on the mayday run, so have to leave it with the standard seat till after :angry:

2-up it's a bit slower, but still has more than enough grunt to shift.

Like most bikes, you still have to plan your manoeuvres better, watch your braking etc etc...

Works best with a backrest, so you don't get pillion drag on your... err... Drag. Yeah.

• 3 weeks later...

WHOA!!! B) Real nice.

What about the rear indicators? Are they incorporated into the brake lights?

good job m8 looks nice! B)

where did you get the white wall? im trying to find some for my xvs 125 bobber.....

and are you going to paint the shocks? or leaving them?

WHOA!!! B) Real nice.

What about the rear indicators? Are they incorporated into the brake lights?

Thanks, I got some mini black indicators to fit. I have actually sold the bike now :(

I got the white wall off ebay as Avon apparantly stopped doing them. £85

I am pretty sad to see it go but unfortunately needs must.

What!!now that's a real shame. Ah well at least some one Will enjoy it. Im sure it won't be long until the next project.:-))

• 5 months later...

Very nice, where did you get that rear mudguard? It's exactly what I'm looking for.

Your best bet is on Ebay, just type in raw steel fender and there is a few on there with different widths. £45 excluding P&P