SR125 CDI

benarmour
This post is 4809 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys, i'm new here.....

I've got a pretty urgent question, and i thought this might be the best place to find an answer to it. My question is, I've recently bought a CDI, which i was told worked on my SR250, but i think it's actually an SR125 CDI. It certainly looks identical to a 125's. The product number on it is 3MW-00, which i think makes it an sr125 cdi. but now i've bought it, i want to know, will this CDI work on my SR250?? I've spent a chunk of money buying the CDI, so i really hope it is compatible. if it's not, is there any simple adjustments i can make to it which will make it work with my 250?

Please help!!

Thanks in advance :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The OEM manufacturers go to great lengths to stop one CDI unit fitting all. This is a very deliberate effort on their part as minor changes are made that serve no purpose except for preventing the unit working when fitted to another engine.

We know that our SR500 unit is basically the same as the SR250 with a 8 wire CDi box, but we have not yet had a working SR250 so we can work out what fiddle factor was applied to stop the two units being interchanged.

Our new units are 72.95 so hope you didn't shell out too much.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online