Removing the Reserve Lighting Device '80 XS650

SirBieber
This post is 4909 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I've got a '80 XS650. I know a little about mechanics, and close to nothing about electrics so keep any replies as easy as possible. Still learning everyday.

Ive been having huge issues with the electrics for my head/tail light. Im not paying a mechanic $60/hr cuz ive fixed many problems with the bike thanks to this forum. I'm hearing a buzzing coming from the Reserve lighting device. Ive read you dont need this, and that many people remove it.

http://www.excess650.co.uk/tips%20&%20tricks.htm

It says disconnect then throw the RLD as far as you can, then just connect the blue/yellow to the blue/black. Thats fine but theres still 4 other wires that were going into the RLD, black red yellow green, what do i do with them?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

just leave them, unless you've cut the connector, then I would isolate the wires

We don't have that fitted in our market, but I have heard before that you need to remove it and bridge two wires.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online