1975 RD200

YRD200
This post is 4755 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just bought my first bike for from a farmer in Wisconsin. A blue 1975 RD200 with 1200 miles. The bike is in great condition, no rust even original tires. Looks brand new, was sitting a barn for 20 some years. I stared it and turned over, but stared making a loud squealing noise. It is really a cool bike so I just had to have it. The farmer sold it to me for $200 because of the strange noise the engine was making. I hope it did not waste my money. Just wondering if anyone knows what might be the problem and how much to fix? Also, what it might be worth after it is runnning smoothly. I hope to ride it this summer. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome YRD200" The squeel" was it maybe the starter not disengaging, :unsure: , Electic start arn"t they, take of the top end and check her out too " its been layed up a long time, crank seals will be hard too.