dt 125 lc restore

pj2511
This post is 4698 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

this is the latest pic i have of the mk1 we are restoring

the before pic PA290084.jpg

this is the latest pic slowly going back together engine has been rebuilt,new bearings etc.crank has been away and setup now ready to go back in.

Photo0031.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yep cuprinol works a treat.im really looking forward to getting it back on the road you dont see many around now

What is Cuprinol for ??

you wood ask that :lol:

Hey Paul,

ya still didnt tell me what it does :D

theres a can of it in the second 'after' pic, it's wood preserver B)

http://www.cuprinol.co.uk/index.jsp

I seen it in the pic but didnt know what it was for, :unsure:

I didnt know them older DT's (MK1) were made of Hard wood :o

Good luck with the resto, here's something I have been restoring for two years , I took it for it's first MOT today since finishing it, just new rims and spokes to do in the winter after I get a few summer miles on her. If you need any help give me a shout !!

I have loads of reference pics,etc.

P1010125.jpg

P1010123.jpg

P1010127.jpg

• 1 month later...

Good luck with the resto, here's something I have been restoring for two years , I took it for it's first MOT today since finishing it, just new rims and spokes to do in the winter after I get a few summer miles on her. If you need any help give me a shout !!

I have loads of reference pics,etc.

P1010125.jpg

P1010123.jpg

P1010127.jpg

thank you looks a lovely bike

Wow, your DT is looking great. I have the same, but not in the same condition. Bought it in 2003 and

replaced a lot of parts, Buddyseat, front fender, exhaust (Gianelli), spokes rearwheel, chain, tires,

piston (0.25mm).

I did have to replace the exhaust because the original one was rosted and welded for many times. It is replaced

by a Gianelli front pipe. Yours does have also a replacement exhaust. Can you please tell me which type and

how is it doing? (by low/middle/high rpm's). Did you have to change the carburator-settings?

dt125-132.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online