Yamaha WR500/YZ490

Rune TT
This post is 3974 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi =) I have a Yamaha WR500 from 1993, and have had a little accident where the chain broke pieces from the block ..

Is there anyone here who knows a lot about Yamaha YZ490/WR500 engines?

I need to replace this block, but it is impossible to find used WR500 parts.

I have sometimes seen on e-bay that there are YZ490 parts I may can use, but then I'm not sure which models are the same as my WR?

Another thing I wondered was if there are any parts that I can use from the YZ490, which can increase the effect on the WR500?

All information will be received with thanks!

If someone have an engine, or the part I need for sale,

or know where I can buy it "not to expensive, it would be great too!

I realy hope someone can be able to help me with this,because I was just finish restoring the whole bike when this happend!!

PLEACE!! :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 4 months later...

Obviously the guy above thinks you are talking about a WAVE RUNNER. I have seen some case repairs (no I do not do that), but you might want to check ebay for the cases that you need. Yamaha made engines and used them for years on a number of different models. The 1977 and 1978 YZ400 engines were identical. As far as your WR500 goes, the engine is identical to ALL Yamaha engine cases back to the 1980 YZ465 (81 IT465). The only difference between the 465 and 490 engines is the larger bore in the 490. Hope this helps.

switch the lot to maico,ha ha,ride safe,regards,pip

Obviously the guy above thinks you are talking about a WAVE RUNNER. I have seen some case repairs (no I do not do that), but you might want to check ebay for the cases that you need. Yamaha made engines and used them for years on a number of different models. The 1977 and 1978 YZ400 engines were identical. As far as your WR500 goes, the engine is identical to ALL Yamaha engine cases back to the 1980 YZ465 (81 IT465). The only difference between the 465 and 490 engines is the larger bore in the 490. Hope this helps.

Obviously you are not familiar with the boats.net website!

and obviously the OP was too rude to respond to the reply he got back in April!

• 1 year later...

I am sorry for not responding sooner, but you see I lost my inlog.data, and found it just now.. Thank you for your responds, and this is about a bike, not a waverunner.. =) BTW: I got a block from YZ490, and though the partnumber was different, I could still use that part..